Monday 7 May 2012

Believe me! I am NOT a BOT



Cyborg Man by Benedict Campbell

It has happened way too often, every time I decide to surf the internet I have to question that keeps haunting me. Every time I want to comment, Every time I want to subscribe for a newsletter, every time I want to do something interesting it happens. They always ask politely but when the number of times one has to answer increases so does the frustration and anger multiplies. The question is always the same, “Please prove you are not a Robot”.

The question is always accompanied by a set of illegible letters that no one with a sane pair of eyes can read and if he does try its certain to drive him insane in seconds. The worst part is when the set of letters never matches anything you type because some idiot who did the data entry was way too drunk to realize the difference between ‘a’ and o or ‘r’ and ‘n’. You have to keep typing till you lose sanity and give up or by some divine luck you get it right. I there is one thing in the internet more irritating than those crazy videos that go viral just because some idiot just realized he was an idiot and was lucky enough to be caught on came and helped himself to a few million hits overnight then this must that.

They call it captcha I call it capture

Arsenic relief Captcha

They do have a very lovely name for this insane madness; they call it ‘Captcha’. It sounds like ‘capture’ and I have never been able to understand what they were actually trying to capture, some bad evil robot developed by the sky net or our sane minds.

There are way too many captchas out there for any sane person to happily search the web without losing their minds.May be they do have no other way to distinguish genuine users and spammers but what I don’t understand is why is it that I have to enter the same thing again and again in the same website can’t they just be happy with one verification. I will tell you this I am sick and tired of being called a robot and being asked to prove otherwise. It never fails to make me cry out “Believe me! I am human”.



24 comments:

  1. I hate Captcha and puts me off commenting on a blog. Can't people use a good antispam plugin and be done with the captcha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..i hate these cAptChA(s)..!! 90% of the times, i get them in second time :/
    nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Swapna So true they had it on mine too, I just removed it I cant behaving something that is annoying to myself on my blog for others to suffer from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sakshi Indeed they irritate the hell out of me and its true I don't want to comment after the third time it goes wrong! I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Indeed!
    Very long ago, during the days when I worked in a BPO, my American clients used to chat with me and a common question would be 'Prove to me that you are not a robot'
    Initially, it used to be funny. Gradually, it used to get to my nerves. But then, we are all used to being mechanical, aren't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such weird words right? But I swear some words sound like Malayalam ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written! Sometimes it really does get irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Navin Being asked to prove you are human how worse cant get. What else would we be cyborgs? aliens? Intelligent Robots? I don't it gets on my nerve every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. D Nambiar Would it hurt for them to use standard words, Sometimes somethings are damn funny. Its the only place where Conan goes to Vietnam.

    try this link you will understand what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! :D I hate Captcha too! Totally! They are so annoying. And the worst part is they are so difficult to understand.

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol , captchas are one irritating thing ,nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I checked that out. Gosh! hilarious. Intern Research? Hahhahaha! Atleast some art came out of it. Thank you for sharing that link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Namrata Mahalingam Indeed they are annoying aren't they? Thanks for sharing your thought!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Alka NarulaThey certainly are , makes me go crazy like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Divya NambiarHilarious indeed wasn't it? Staying in US has indeed ruined you saying Thanks for every silly thing! huh!! My pleasure sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha, Its definitely irritating of course...Worst part is when you type something really long, dont back it up and then it gets totally lost purely becoz u got the captcha wrong!! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @jaish_vats Definitely been there often! it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i too agree with you...its hard when you have to type complex captchas at the end of each post to prove that you are a human being

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  19. @roopz Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles! they sure rack out brains out! don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agreed.. this captcha can be really irritating..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh I hate these kind of things! They're time-consuming, irritating, and give off sore eyes! Sometimes I would come across captchas that look weird. And what's even more annoying is that every time I try to type in the correct letter that looks the same as the one shown by a captcha, it would say that it was wrong. >_<

    ReplyDelete

come on! scribble down whats in your heart!